As an effort to further enhance capacity building through knowledge sharing in the Q-quatics workplace, the Thursday mini-seminar series was recently initiated by the Qq management. It is currently being planned and organized by the seminar committee, led by Kathy Reyes with members, Joann Glorioso, Isay Abucay and Martin Nevado, for the months of April to May of 2019. Each seminar is intended to be short, preferably with a 15-minute presentation of a predetermined topic and 15 minutes Q&A.
- “Application of the CMSY approach” by Gelli Parducho (Research Officer) – April 23, 2019
- “MS Access queries and its application to FishBase and SeaLifeBase” by Skit Barile (Head of Information Technology Group) – May 23, 2019
- “Google Calendar/DIY Office Hacks” by Gee Painaga (Administrative Assistant) and Jeremy Jansalin (Research Officer) – June 20, 2019
- “Identifying, tagging and measuring animals in BRUVS videos” by Rudy Reyes (Senior Research Officer) – July 4, 2019
- “Taxonomy and nomenclature topic-splitting and integration of species” by Emily Capuli (Senior Research Officer) – July 18, 2019