As an effort to further enhance capacity building through knowledge sharing in the Q-quatics workplace, the Thursday mini-seminar series was recently initiated by the Qq management. It is currently being planned and organized by the seminar committee, led by Kathy Reyes with members, Joann Glorioso, Isay Abucay and Martin Nevado, for the months of April to May of 2019. Each seminar is intended to be short, preferably with a 15-minute presentation of a predetermined topic and 15 minutes Q&A.
- “Application of the CMSY approach” by Gelli Parducho (Research Officer) – April 23
- “How to do a query in FishBase and SeaLifeBase/Overview of ERD” by ITG/Skit Barile (Head of Information Technology Group) – 2 sessions in May 2019
- “Google Calendar/DIY Office Hacks” by Gee Painaga (Administrative Assistant) and Jeremy Jansalin (Research Officer) – June 2019
- “Environmental conventions and laws: Relevance to Q-quatics” by Armi Torres (Senior Research Officer) – June 2019
- “Identifying, tagging and measuring animals in BRUVS videos” by Rudy Reyes (Senior Research Officer) – July 4, 2019
- “Taxonomy and nomenclature topic-splitting and integration of species” by Emily Capuli (Senior Research Officer) – July 18, 2019