Position ID: Software Engineer 1
Location: Los Baños, Laguna, Phils.
Salary: Commensurate with required qualifications
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Quantitative Aquatics, Inc. seeks a Software Engineer from a pool of local professionals with the following responsibilities:
- program dynamic webpages for information systems maintained by Q-quatics (e.g. FishBase, SeaLifeBase),
- handle the maintenance of the Q-quatics suite of websites, and
- perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
For this position, supervision will come from the IT Theme Lead.
We are looking for people with a BS Computer Science degree or other computer-related courses.
Those with work experience in this field are encouraged to apply.
Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Knowledge and Competencies
- good knowledge and experience of the SQL language and relational database systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL,
- good knowledge and/or experience on the following are preferable: Linux environment, MVC based web framework (Laravel), Docker platform, and version control systems (Git),
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment,
- could work effectively with minimum supervision, has good time management skills and high degree of initiative and resourcefulness, and
- a working knowledge of biology is a plus.
For immediate consideration, please send your application cover letter, comprehensive resumé with name and contact details of 3 referees, and transcript of records not later than 20 December 2022 via email with subject Software Engineer 1 Qq addressed to email@example.com or via snail mail to Susan M. Luna, G.S. Khush Hall, IRRI Compound, Los Baños, Laguna 4031, +63.49.536.2701 local 2864.
Only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. However, we will keep your personal information in our database for future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.