Position ID: Graphic Artist Assistant
Hours: Full-time, Project-based
Salary: Commensurate with required qualifications
Roles and Responsibilities
Quantitative Aquatics, Inc. seeks a Graphic Artist Assistant with the following responsibilities:
- encode and edit fish pictures in FishBase as a primary function;
- search and obtain fish pictures from different sources (print and online);
- interact and communicate with photo contributors and collaborators;
- keep integrity of fish pictures inventory in FishBase;
- create visual concepts captured in logos, illustrations, layouts, powerpoint presentations, etc; and
- perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
New graduates will learn a highly useable photo editing skill and are encouraged to apply.
All previous applicants need not apply.
A college degree in any multimedia-related course with:
- Proficient knowledge of computer software, e.g., Photoshop, Access and other MS Office applications;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
- Could work effectively with minimum supervision, good time management skills and high degree of initiative and resourcefulness; and
- General knowledge of aquatic biodiversity is preferred.
Please send your application cover letter, comprehensive resumé with name and contact details of 3 referees, and transcript of records not later than 31 October 2023 via email with subject Graphic Artist Assistant addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via snail mail to Susan M. Luna, G.S. Khush Hall, IRRI, Los Baños, Laguna 4031, +63.49.536.2701 local 2864. This hiring is immediate and thus, the position will be filled-up once a suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. However, we will keep your personal information in our database for future reference unless you direct us otherwise.
*For local hiring only.