|Position ID||Research Assistant|
|Location||Los Baños, Laguna|
|Salary||Commensurate with required qualifications|
Roles and Responsibilities
Quantitative Aquatics, Inc. seeks a Research Assistant with the following responsibilities:
- Search and compile references relevant to the project;
- Extract and encode marine and freshwater species data primarily on taxonomy, distribution, and other biological information from publications (print and online);
- Encode higher taxa descriptions using FAO books and catalogs;
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
New graduates will learn a highly useable data encoding skill and are encouraged to apply.
All previous applicants need not apply.
BS Fisheries or BS Biology (preferably majoring in Zoology, Ecology, Wildlife or Systematics)
- Proficient knowledge of computer software, e.g., Access, Excel, and other MS Office applications ;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
- Could work effectively with minimum supervision, good time management skills and high degree of initiative and resourcefulness; and
- General knowledge of aquatic biodiversity and taxonomy is preferred.
Please send your application cover letter, comprehensive resumé with name and contact details of 3 referees, and transcript of records not later than 31 October 2023 via email with subject Research Assistant addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via snail mail to Susan M. Luna, G.S. Khush Hall, IRRI, Los Baños, Laguna 4031, +63.49.536.2701 local 2864. This hiring is immediate and thus, the position will be filled-up once a suitable candidate is found.
Only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. However, we will keep your personal information in our database for future reference unless you direct us otherwise.
*For local hiring only.